In this episode, Accidental Creative founder Todd Henry returns to the show to talk about the keys to harnessing the power of your authentic and creating work that resonates with other people.
- Giving ourselves space and freedom for exploration and play
- The freedom that comes with having limited options
- Essential elements of a substantive body of work
- Learning to be decisive in the face of uncertainty
- Doing work that is founded upon something you care about
- The three core elements of an authentic voice
- The difference between developing and finding your voice
- Changing our false narratives in order to do our best work
- Putting ourselves in a position to hear uncomfortable truths
- Practical exercises and questions to harness your authentic voice
If you don’t root it in action, inspiration has a shelf life
Art is being decisive in the face of uncertainty
BOOKS AND RESOURCES
PREVIOUS INTERVIEWS MENTIONED
Todd is the founder of Accidental Creative, a company that helps creative people and teams generate brilliant ideas. He regularly speaks and consults with companies about how to develop practices and systems that lead to everyday brilliance. His books have been translated into more than a dozen languages, and he speaks internationally on creativity, productivity, leadership, and passion for work.