When people attempt to bring an idea to life, their vision for the final product gets in the way. They come up with dozens of irrelevant and unnecessary steps. Instead of starting with the foundation, they focus on ancillary activities:
- A podcaster purchases expensive sound equipment before ever recording a single episode
- An entrepreneur hires a lawyer and incorporates a business before validating whether or not there's a demand for a product
- An aspiring blogger spends hours tweaking and designing a breathtaking website before writing a single article
- An author spends days crafting a social media presence before having written a single word of a book
- The event planner contemplates the menu, and the place settings at a table before selling a single ticket.
Simplifying execution is about doing one small thing that will make a difference today.