Reema Zaman, writer, visual artist, and actress joins us to talk about using her art to become a voice for people who don’t have one.
- How curiosity enables us to cultivate self-awareness
- Leveraging writing to find clarity and comfort in our lives
- Becoming the author of your own life
- The golden thread that exists in each of our lives
- Creating narratives of resilience and choice
- How to deal with the questions we’ll never have answers to
- Why pain gives us an opportunity to gain strength
- Why forgiveness is the greatest gift you can give to yourself
- Creative lessons learned from the world of acting and theater
Art gives voice to so many other things that would otherwise remain quiet.
Every time something painful happens it tests your loyalty to yourself
For me watching pain turn into poetry is the biggest high – Reema
When you’re an actor you’re the instrument that communicates the story
You don’t want to tell the story, you want to feel the story.
All art is an act of intimacy and vulnerability.
Everybody should build a website whether you’re an entrepreneur or an employee at a company. In a graduation speech, venture capitalist Chris Sacca said to students your GPA only matters to people who have no other reason to find you interesting. Soon we’ll say the same about resumes. Our friends at Hostgator make it really easy to get started. Visit Hostgator.com/creative and use the promo code CREATIVE to get 30% off all hosting packages.
For less than $10 per meal, Blue Apron delivers all the fresh ingredients you need to create home-cooked meals: just follow the easy step-by-step instructions. Each meal can be prepared in 40 minutes or less! No overwhelming trips to the grocery store, no more sad takeout. Visit Blueapron.com/Podcast to get your first 2 meals free
Become a driver with Lyft and be your own boss! Meet new people, get to know a new city, set your own schedule. Drive when you want and make up to $1500 per week. Visit Lyft.com/lifestyle to become a drive.
Reema Zaman is a writer, actress, and artist from Bangladesh.