In this episode of the Unmistakable Creative, Basecamp Co-Founder David Heinemmer Hanson talks about unlearning everything that we know about business.
- How being a blog reader lead to becoming the co-founder of a company
- The power of exposing yourself to the right group of people
- Why we can’t necessarily predict the the future based on our past
- Leveraging a deep seated mistrust of authority to your advantage
- The danger of misapplying patterns where the context does not match
- Breaking our cultural conditioning that keeps us from reaching from our true potential
- Why effort and output are not proportionate
- The myth that straight A’s leads to success
- Learning to look at our work with no regrets
- Why the modern workplace is an interruption factory
- The intrinsic flow that comes from doing work we live
I’ve learned the most important thing for my happiness is to define my own parameters of success
You make terrible decisions on an empty stomach
“David Heinemeier Hansson is the creator of Ruby on Rails, founder & CTO at Basecamp(formerly 37signals), best-selling author, Le Mans class-winning racing driver, public speaker, hobbyist photographer, and family man.