In this episode of the podcast we speak with Macgyer creator Lee Zlotoff about the making of his hit TV show which has remained on their air across the world for 30 years, and using what he calls the Macgyver methodd to engage the enormous capabilities of your subconscious mind to bear on effective problem solving.
- The 3 key elements that have caused Macgyver to be on the air for 30 years
- Creating global resonance and timelessness in your work
- Why this could be a critical century to the future of humanity
- Learning to solve our problems with humor and humility
- A transmedia approach to creativity and creation
- Why the average college student will change careers 5 times Applying the macgyver method for prolific creative output
- Removing the stress of creative production by using our subconscious
- Why you shouldn’t waste time worrying about how you’re going to get there
- Inside the problem solving mechanisms of the subconscious mind
- Using incubation activities to keep your conscious mind fro thinking about problem
If there’s something you want to do in the entertainment business just start doing it.
The ability to reach millions of people is now in the hands of the individual.
Lee David Zlotoff is an award-winning writer, producer and director of film and television. Among his more than one hundred hours of film and television credits, he was the creator/writer of the hit series “MacGyver” as well as the writer/director of the indie hit film “Spitfire Grill” which won the coveted Audience Award at the Sundance film festival, and which has also gone on to become a successful musical.