Nolan Bushnell, founder of Atari and Chuck E. Cheese, as well as Steve Jobs’ mentor, shares views on education, reconnecting with your curiosity and developing creativity to connect it to your vision.
In this episode:
- How do we better prepare people for today’s society?
- How schools have become warehouses
- How do we recognize early mentors?
- Credentials vs knowledge
- Are we born with awareness or can we cultivate it?
- Is ability to navigate emotional uncertainty something we are born with?
- The future of the web
“If you’re curious and passionate, school is unnecessary… We’re finding more and more the true movers and shakers of society are not educated.”
“Be entrepreneurial early and often.” ~ Nolan Bushnell
Nolan Bushnell is a technology pioneer, prolific entrepreneur, and scientist. He’s often cited as the father of the video game industry. Nolan is devoted to fixing education with his new company, Brainrush. A biopic, tentatively titled “Atari” is in pre-production, starring Leonardo DiCaprio as Nolan.