Amy Oestreicher joins us to discuss how she turned her life-threatening illness and over 27 surgeries into what she now calls a beautiful detour.
- Finding hope when in our most difficult times
- Dealing with the fear of not being able to make our mark on the world
- Turning obstacles into opportunity
- How Amy turned her story into a beautiful detour
- Why art and creativity can help us to heal
- The unexpected places that detours take us
- Bringing a sense of wonder to our daily lives
- Using gratitude to build resilience
- Shifting our questions from “why me?” to “why not?”
I wasn’t able to heal until I could start sharing my story.
There’s life outside the plans we have for ourselves.
I don’t think you can change people until they’re ready to change.
When you find out what you’re grateful for, you realize what you’re about.
If life does take a detour you’ve got to follow that detour and just be open to where it leads because you really don’t know what you’ll get along the way.
This episode is sponsored by Hostgator. Use the promo code CREATIVE for 30% off all hosting package.