Growing a Blog to 20,000 Subscribers with Rob Walling
Rob Walling is a serial entrepreneur and the host of the popular podcast Startups for the Rest of Us
. Over the last few years, Rob has grown his blog to almost 20,000 subscribers, published books, and been wildly successful. So, I was really thrilled when he reached out to me to be a guest on the show.
Here are some highlights from our chat:
Rob Walling has been building web applications professionally for 12 years. He's worked as a consultant, a freelance developer, the development manager for the City of Pasadena, and a team lead for the world’s largest prepaid credit card company. You can follow him on twitter @robwalling.
- The Hamster Wheel of the Consulting Business Model
- The Entrepreneurial Mistakes that Bloggers Make
- Some Great Ideas on How to Determine What Your First Product Should Be
- Why You Need to Pay Very Close Attention to Questions, Comments, and More
- The Hockey Stick of Blogging Growth
- Why Rob Self-Published His Book and How he Made It Successful
- How to Started with Building a Speaking Platform
- Why Narrowing Down Your Audience Creates True Fans
- The Challenges of Planning a Live Event
- Why Podcasting is Still in Its infancy
- The Danger of Vanity Metrics
If you liked this article, would you share it with your friends? Just click here
to post it to Twitter.
One of our goals for 2012 is to become a top 100 show in iTunes. We can get there with your help and it will enable us to improve the how and bring on even bigger guests. So if you can, we’d be really grateful if you write us a review in iTunes.
Download podcast as mp3
(right click ⇒ save as)